Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Hello All!

Just wanted to say hello and share a few words as I continue to negotiate trying to support myself as an artist in North Carolina.

I talked to a friend who wanted to join the art show and sale in Salisbury (Art on Easy Street) but was held back by their insistance on a state sales tax number. All you have to do is register on line for one. They send you a booklet which you send in the money four times a year. no big deal. Much better to be legal than to be hauled in later.

Also I decided to apply for a peddlers license in case I want to do some "gorilla selling". When I phoned the city told me it would be fifty dollars. but by the time I went down there in person it kept going down. The licenses from the city last not a year from when you buy them but for the city's fiscal year. And since it is close to the end they prorated it and only charged me $12.50. On the phone the woman told me it would be fifty bucks. Thought you guys should know.

Also we were talking about where to get good table display stuff and wrapping things and ect. I use A & B Store Fixtures Inc they are on Swing Court which is off of Swing Road which is off West Market by the Airport. Of course we also mentioned if it's Paper and the good ol Dollar Store!

A few other webbie things I use a lot are: https://www.zapplication.org/ this is a free site that lets you load photos and hold them for shows that use on line applications for art shows.

also http://festivalnet.com/ this is a free service, but for a small fee, fourty bucks, you will get more info and it will keep listings you are interested in as a live list.

also http://www.artfairinsiders.com/ this is a free thing. she has a couple of things she soft sells but the web thing is free and the groups are free to join and very nice and friendly. I have asked questions and had them all answered very nicely and completely. groups for jewelry glass, potters and purse people! yeah!

Ok this was more than I intended to write but I hope it is useful to someone. I really enjoy meeting everyone and learn someting everytime I talk to you guys. Thanks! - Robin

2 comments:

  1. A&B Supplies - I went there today! I was very impressed. There prices seem fair and the ladies working there we soooo friendly.
    I got one of their cards.
    The address is: 6202 Swing Court, GSO, 27409
    Phone is 292-4488

    ReplyDelete
  2. Comment above was from me, Traci (aka TBSCreations). Forgot i was logged in under the triad team id.
    =o)

    ReplyDelete